Earlier today we told you about a pair of upcoming releases by Tom Zé due out shortly on David Byrne’s Luaka Bop imprint. Seems like good ol’ Dave also has nine tracks — including seven he produced with famed producer Brian Eno — on the soundtrack of Oliver Stone’s upcoming Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps. The soundtrack also boasts a track from Talking Heads (This Must Be The Place (Naïve Melody)), as well as two contributions from contemporary composer extraordinaire Craig Armstrong (Love Actually, Romeo + Juliet), whose old-school chillout track “This Love” featuring Elizabeth Fraser is perhaps one of the most emotionally wrenching songs ever written.
In related news, Byrne has also collaborated with multi-instrumentalist St. Vincent on a composition for Bang on a Can’s Asphalt Orchestra, a 12-piece marching band known for playing compositions by artists ranging from Björk to Charles Mingus. Arranged by Ken Thomson, the as-yet-untitled piece will be premiered at Lincoln Center on August 7th.
Now feel free to debate Gordan Gekko’s classic line “Greed is good” amongst youselves.
Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps (Music from the Motion Picture)
1. Prison (Craig Armstrong)
2. Home (David Byrne & Brian Eno)
3. Life is Long (David Byrne & Brian Eno)
4. Sleeping Up (David Byrne)
5. Strange Overtones (David Byrne & Brian Eno)
6. Money (Craig Armstrong)
7. My Big Nurse (David Byrne & Brian Eno)
8. Helicopter Reveal (Craig Armstrong)
9. Tiny Apocalypse (David Byrne)
10. Lazy (David Byrne)
11. I Feel My Stuff (David Byrne & Brian Eno)
12. This Must Be The Place (Naïve Melody) (Talking Heads)
Fuente: LimeWire Music Blog